ISE Eiffel: The One-Minute Summary
For the truly hurried here is a capsule overview of ISE Eiffel:
- A comprehensive approach to the construction of successful software.
- The goal: improve the productivity of your software process; enable you to bring your products out before everyone else; enable you to satisfy your customers and gain new business.
- The only approach that covers analysis, design and implementation in a single framework.
- Includes a language, a methodology, and a complete graphical development environment.
- Language: widely recognized as the best and simplest implementation of object-oriented concepts. Clean, simple, readable, powerful, easy to learn.
- Methodology: based on Design by Contract -- building reliable software by defining precise contracts between its various components, and making sure the software construction process enforces these contracts.
- Powerful graphical environment supporting fast compilation (Melting Ice Technology) and unique facilities for documentation, exploration ("browsing") and documentation.
- Sophisticated mechanisms for assertions, inheritance (single, multiple and repeated), exception handling, genericity.
- Compilation technique using C as the intermediate language and generating executables whose speed rivals with or exceeds C or Fortran.
- Rich set of libraries covering graphics, the Web, networking, fundamental algorithms and data structures, lexical analysis, parsing, etc.
- Proven track record of successful projects, including some of the largest successful O-O projects ever built anywhere: finance, telecommunications, CAD-CAM, CASE, education etc.
- The most effective solution available today for the professional software developer
For a more detailed overview see Eiffel
in a Nutshell.