EiffelWorld Electronic Newsletter -- Vol. 15, No. 2 -- November 2001
In this Issue of EiffelWorld
- Eiffel News
- Eiffel Corner
- European Sessions of .NET in One Day
- New Eiffel Book
EiffelStudio 5.1 Featuring Support for Linux and Unix, Coming Soon!
EiffelStudio is the newest development in ISE Eiffel and the most important advance since ISE Eiffel 3 was released in 1993.
This version is scheduled for release by the end of November. Beta testers are raving about the improvements that have been made and we think you will agree.
Pre-order your copy today by contacting email@example.com.
ISE at COMDEX November 12-16
Come by and visit us at booth L4852, we will be happy to see you and answer any questions you may have.
For more info: http://www.key3media.com/comdex/fall2001/index.html
Take the Sweat out of Your "Other" Projects!
Announcing the ISE Eiffel Custom Programming Division
- Do you keep postponing needed developments because your staff is too busy with existing projects?
- Would you like a customized development but don't want to hire an employee to do the work?
- Do you have a great idea for libraries or utilities that would drastically improve your development process, but don't have resources for such "horizontal" projects?
- Do you have great code that could be turned into reusable components if only someone could spend a little time on it?
- Do you keep coming across projects with similar requirements, but can't find the time to develop common solutions?
- Could your staff benefit from world-class help and mentoring?
If the answer is "yes" to the above, the ISE EIFFEL CUSTOM PROGRAMMING DIVISION is the solution for you. ISE Custom Programming enables you to concentrate on your key developments and benefit from the expertise of one of the top object-oriented teams in the world, with millions of lines of successfully delivered code to its credit.
Based in Denver, Colorado, the ISE EIFFEL CUSTOM PROGRAMMING DIVISION is available worldwide at highly competitive rates for projects large and small, bringing you the advantages of the most modern software technology. We react quickly and stand by the results of our work.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by telephone at (303) 430 7767.
New Eiffel User Group!
We recently reactivated our user discussion list. If you want to subscribe, check it out at:
In this group you can exchange solutions and tips with other users to make your use of ISE Eiffel even better. You can also get some answers from the ISE team to guide you in your discovery of ISE Eiffel.
.NET In One Day: New Sessions in Brussels and London!
Join Bertrand Meyer for his amazing live .NET seminar. It delivers all the guidance you need to get results with .NET - now. Upcoming sessions:
- Brussels, Belgium: November 16
- London, England: December 6
For more information please visit: www.dotnetexperts.com
New Eiffel Book!
A new book, "Design by Contract, by Example", by Richard Mitchell and Jim McKim, has hit the market. It is a must have for any Eiffel User's library.
This book is the first of its kind to offer an example-based approach to learning this important paradigm. If you are a developer seeking a way to improve your craft, this book will give you the necessary understanding of the concepts of contracts in software design.
EiffelWorld is published monthly and distributed to subscribers via e-mail. To subscribe or unsubscribe, send a message to email@example.com containing a line with one of the following subjects:
- Subscribe: your e-mail address
- Unsubscribe: your e-mail address
© Copyright 2001 by Interactive Software Engineering, Inc. Permission is given to
redistribute this message freely, provided the message is reproduced in its entirety, unmodified, including this
copyright notice. All other rights reserved, worldwide. -- Sarah Mueller,